Thursday 12 January 2017

Dubious but Still Fairly Common Reasons to Implement Test Automation

1) The budget is low and the boss says we have to lower tester headcount by any means possible...

2) Our agile cycles are so loaded with work and release deadlines so short that we can't actually fit manual testing in the schedule...

3) I'd secretly love to be a developer and doing lots of test automation is the best way I can learn programming in office hours...

4) (somewhat linked to 3) I read somewhere that manual testing is dead and if I don't become a test automation guru overnight I'll be unemployable, sad and poor forever...

5) The CIO/Test Manager was recently seduced into spending $20k QTP/Test Complete by a salesperson. The company QA standard is now to automate everything in existence and get our money's worth out of the licence fee.

6) I never actually liked the whole manual and exploratory testing pahlaver and can now get super high test coverage without ever manually testing anything again!

7) Test Automation is the way of the future and will solve all problems, regardless of what they are!

I have probably missed some others...

No comments:

Post a Comment